Nuremberg, West Germany
1 July 1978
- Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
- Billy Cross (lead guitar)
- Alan Pasqua (keyboards)
- Steven Soles (rhythm guitar, backup vocals), David Mansfield (violin & mandolin)
- Steve Douglas (horns)
- Jerry Scheff (bass)
- Bobbye Hall (percussion)
- Ian Wallace (drums)
- Helena Springs, Jo Ann Harris, Carolyn Dennis (background vocals)
- Eric Clapton (guitar) on I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight & The Times They Are A-Changin’
- She’s Love Crazy
- Baby Stop Crying
Thank you! All right, this is a new song, played for you now right at the start.
- Mr. Tambourine Man
- Shelter From The Storm
Thank you! This next song is the story of my life.
- It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue
- Tangled Up In Blue
- Ballad Of A Thin Man
- Maggie’s Farm
- I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
- Like A Rolling Stone
- I Shall Be Released
- Going, Going, Gone
- A Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke)
- Love Minus Zero/No Limit
Steven Soles: Laissez-faire (David Ackles)
- A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall
- One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later)
- You’re A Big Girl Now
- One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below)
- Blowin’ In The Wind
- I Want You
- Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
This is another new song, Tales Of Yankee Power.
- Masters Of War
Thank you. That was a new song. This is an old one. Not really new. It gives me great pleasure to sing it in this place!
- Just Like A Woman
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
OK, We wanna do this tune. A lot of people say this is reggae, but it still seems to work pretty well this way. It’s an old song still says the same thing. Actually it’s more Southern Mountain Reggae.
- All Along The Watchtower
This is called All Along The Watchtower. We wanna dedicate this to the late great Jimi Hendrix.
Thank you! David Mansfield on the violin. I taught him every single note.
- All I Really Want To Do
- It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)
Thank you! All right, I wanna introduce you to my band. You know how good they are so give them the appreciation they deserve. Tonight, on the drums, from England, Ian Wallace. On the bass guitar, from San Francisco, Jerry Scheff. All right, on the organ, from Philadelphia, Alan Pasqua. From Mobile, Alabama, on lead guitar, Billy Cross. On the conga drums from Detroit, Bobbye Hall. All right, rhythm guitar, you met this young man earlier. He’s got a great future ahead of him, Mr. Steve Soles from Tombstone, Arizona. On the fiddle, the violin, violin and the mandolin, David Mansfield. On the saxophone, a young man who gave up a career as an airline pilot to join this band, Steve Douglas. Background singers tonight, on the left, my fiancée Carolyn Dennis. On the right, my childhood sweetheart, Jo Ann Harris. And, in the middle, my current girlfriend, Helena Springs. I wrote and recorded this in New York City 1963, called It’s Alright Ma, I’m Only Bleeding.
- Forever Young
Thank you! I wish we could stay and play all night, I really I do. But just can’t. This is a tune I recorded on an album with The Band called Planet Waves. I’m gonna leave you with this tune. It means a lot to me and I know it means a lot to you.
- I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight
Thank you. Eric Clapton is back. He’s gonna stay here and sing all night with me.
Thank you. Eric Clapton on lead guitar!
- The Times They Are A-Changin’