“I remember Joe Strummer said that when he first heard my records, I’d already been there and gone. And in a way that’s kind of true. It was like a flying saucer landed… that’s what the sixties were like. Everybody heard about it but only a few really saw it.”
~Bob Dylan (to Cameron Crowe Interview – August-September 1985)
September 1 – 1969
On September 1st 1969, after The Isle of Wight Festival, Dylan arrived by helicopter at Tittenhurst Park to meet John and Yoko, he refused to participate in a recording session at Ascot Sound Studios, although he did unwind and relax with John and Yoko at Tittenhurst before flying back to the States.
~John Lennon Bible
September 1 – 1975
Dylan attends the marriage of his cousin, Linda Goldfine, at the Temple Israel Camp in Minneapolis, performing at the reception with a handful of local musicians, singing “Forever Young” and Kenny Loggins’s “A Love Song.”
~Clinton Heylin (Bob Dylan: A Life in Stolen Moments Day by Day 1941-1995)
(probably) September 1 – 2002
Hangin’ out with Hunter S. Thompson in Aspen, Colorado.
Check out: Hunter Thompson is still all-Gonzo
The Power Station
New York City, New York
Lone Justice recording session
- Go Away Little Boy
- Go Away Little Boy (released as B-side on 12” single SWEET SWEET BABY (I’M FALLING) in Europe, 1985)
- Clean Cut Kid
Bob Dylan (guitar), Ryan Hedecock (guitar), Ron Wood (guitar), Marvin Etzioni (bass), Benmont Tench (organ), Don Heffington (drums).
1, 3 Bob Dylan (vocal).
2 Maria McKee (vocal & harmonica).
- 1989 – Park West, Park City, UT, USA
- 1990 – Swiss Villa Amphitheater, Lampe, MO, USA
- 1998 – Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- 2002 – Buttermilk Mountain, Aspen, CO, USA
- 2004 – Lawrence-Dumont Stadium, Wichita, KS, USA
- 2006 – Dutchess Stadium, Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
- 2008 – Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- 2010 – Greyhound Park, Post Falls, Idaho, USA
- 2012 – Tag’s Summer Stage, Big Flats, New York, USA
Tangled Up In Blue (fragment):
Please give me feedback if you now of an interesting “Bob Dylan event” related to September 01