As 2015 draws to a close, it’s time to look back on the last 12 months in music and as tradition goes, this involves the unveiling of our 25 Best Albums Of The Year.
– as always, it has been a struggle, we have fought and bled and finally agreed on the 25 best records of 2015. The ones we’ve played most, that has gotten us most excited or are just too good to ignore. We, as you can see, listen most to music in the, so called, roots oriented genres. However, we do listen to all kinds of music, it’s just that there aren’t that many good albums (in our views) in the other “genres” this year.
What did we get wrong? What did we miss? Well, nothing of course, this is THE list. No, just kidding, this is our view of the year in music, and as we have said many times before, we only write about the stuff we like and we can not reach everything.
The end-year lists are starting to pop up. We all love lists, not just our own lists.
As last year I will post end-year lists from some magazine’s, here two from QA Magazine & MOJO Magazine.
UPDATED to include 22 lists from the comments section in this post.
The new votes caused some (minor) changes to the list. Most important: BIABH moved up to #4 & TOOM dropped to #5.
Saturday I asked the question – What are your five favorite Bob Dylan studio albums ? – over at our Facebook page. The response was great. As of writing 80 people (all Bob Dylan experts) have uttered their opinions.
If you’re not on Facebook, or do not “like” our page.. you can use the comment section to post your 5 favorites. I will update this list at a later stage.
- American “Best albums of 2013″ lists (Roling Stone Mag, Paste & American Songwriter)
- English “Best albums of 2013″ lists (Uncut, MOJO & Q Magazine)
The chosen magazine’s
- American Songwriter
- Rolling Stone
The Nomination process & rules
I enjoy Uncut & American Songwriter more than the other 3..thus
- top 15 from Uncut & American Songwriter are nominated & top 10 from MOJO, Rolling Stone & Paste
- albums rated lower than this are nominated only if they are present on any other list
- The score from Uncut & American Songwriter is multiplied by a factor of 1,5
- No.1 gets 60 points, 2 – 58, …. 10 – 42, 11 – 40, 12 – 39….. & 50 gets 1 point.