Cool video.. created by Roderick Smith.
I love the song (off course) & Pieter Bruegel the Elder was a one of the great northern renaissance painters.
From youtube comment:
This 10 minute film is a collage of music and imagery set down by two artists who lived 450 years apart in history. The unexpected union of these visionaries was a chance encounter late one night while perusing through an old book of engravings by the Flemish artist, Peter Bruegel the Elder while listening to the song “Desolation Row” by Bob Dylan. In an instant an uncanny collaboration was taking place. The wildly strange visual imagery of Bruegel was illustrating the equally bizarre lyrics of Dylan. They were in tandem. Yet neither medium violated the unique vision of the other. This unusual film captures this creative apparition through the use of marionettes, engravings and music.
Continue reading Bob Dylan: Desolation Row – The Marionette Performance part 1 & 2
- 262 times acoustic w/ band – top year 2000 (42 times)
- 19 times acoustic – top year – top year 1966 (13 times)
- 166 times w/band – top year 2011 (32 times)
- First performance: Forest Hills Tennis Stadium, New York – Aug 28, 1965
- Last performance: Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena, Vancouver – July 25, 2017
Continue reading Bob Dylan: 5 Great Live Versions of “Desolation Row”
A great concert from 2001.
- Fantastic version of “Desolation Row”
- Concert # 1325 of The Never-Ending Tour
- Concert # 12 of the 2001 Europe Summer Tour
- 2001 concert #48
Check out boblinks.com for different reviews of the show.
Continue reading July 12: Watch Bob Dylan @ King’s Dock Liverpool, England 2001
GREAT 1998 concert ratet 10/10 @ bobsboots.com
The sound quality is absolutely amazing.. check it out….
Flat out fantastic! This recording from the capital city is that rare, perfect blend of vocal to music to audience; combined with a stellar band performance, vocal perfection, and incredible song line up that qualifies it to stand among the very best of the very best.
9 June 1998
- Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
- Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar)
- Larry Campbell (guitar)
- Tony Garnier (bass)
- David Kemper (drums & percussion)
Continue reading June 9: Bob Dylan – Globe Arena Stockholm, Sweden 1998 (updated)