This post is all about the songs…
Although the songs where credited Lennon-McCartney / McCartney-Lennon, one of them usually contributed more than the other.
Many books, interviews, articles & not at least the artwork itself have helped us get a sense of who was the “mastermind” behind each song. Most of them where collaborations.. but usually one of them was more to “blame”.
Some important books on this subject:
- Ian Macdonald – Revolution in the head
- William J. Dowlding – Beatlesongs
- Mark Lewisohn – The Complete Beatles Chronicle
- The Beatles – The Beatles Anthology
- Bård Ose – Beatles hele livet (Norwegian)