Kristoffer Kristian “Kris” Kristofferson (born June 22, 1936) is an American country music singer, songwriter and musician as well as a film actor. He is known for such hits as “Me and Bobby McGee“, “For the Good Times“, “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down“, and “Help Me Make It Through the Night“. Kristofferson is the sole writer of most of his songs, and he has collaborated with various other figures of the Nashville scene such as Shel Silverstein. In 1985, Kristofferson joined fellow country artists Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash in forming the country music supergroup “The Highwaymen”. In 2004 Kristofferson was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
My Kris top 10 songs:
- Sunday Morning Coming Down
- Me & Bobby McGee
- Why Me
- Help Me Make It Through The Night
- For The Good Times
- Here Comes That Rainbow Again
- The Silver Tounged Devil and I
- To Beat The Devil
- Nobody Wins
- The Pilgrim, Chapter 33
Kris once said that he would like the first three lines of Leonard Cohen’s “Bird on the Wire” on his tombstone:
- Like a bird on a wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
My fav version of my fav Kris song:
Album of the day:
- A Ghost Is Born is the fifth studio album by Chicago-based alternative rock band Wilco. Released on June 22, 2004, it features singerJeff Tweedy on lead guitar more than any previous Wilco album. The band streamed the album online for free, and offered a five song EP to purchasers.
Released June 22, 2004 Recorded November 2003 – March 2004 in Manhattan, New York Genre Alternative rock Length 67:26 Label Nonesuch Producer Wilco, Jim O’Rourke