He had a job in Santa Fe
Working in an old hotel
But he never did like it all that much
and one day it just went to hell….
The best video on youtube.
It’s so damn good that even the Web sheriff leaves it alone…
(yeah.. I know it’s “official”.. but it felt good to say it)
The evening gig on November 21 1975 has to be one of Rolling Thunder Revue (part 1) best concerts. It’s much bootlegged & Dylan even put 2 songs in his movie Renaldo & Clara – Tangled (of course) & It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry.
When it was (finally) time for Dylan to officially release concert material from Rolling Thunder 1, he picked no less than 10 songs from this concert.
Setlist – songs in <bold> was chosen for Bootleg Series 5:
(only Dylan performances included)
Boston Music Hall
21 November 1975 – Evening
- When I Paint My Masterpiece
- It Ain’t Me, Babe
- The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
- It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
- Romance In Durango (Bob Dylan–Jacques Levy/Bob Dylan)
- Isis (Bob Dylan–Jacques Levy/Bob Dylan)
- Blowin’ In The Wind
- The Water Is Wide (trad.)
- Mama, You Been On My Mind
- Dark As A Dungeon (Merle Travis)
- I Shall Be Released
- I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
- Tangled Up In Blue
- Oh, Sister (Bob Dylan–Jacques Levy/Bob Dylan)
- Hurricane (Bob Dylan–Jacques Levy/Bob Dylan)
- One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below)
- Just Like A Woman
- Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
- This Land Is Your Land (Woody Guthrie)
Playlist of the day: