Dylan returns to Sony Studios in New York, with Don Was producing, to cut three songs for a possible Elvis Presley tribute CD. The versions of “Lawdy Miss Clawdy” & “Money Honey” are fairly nondescript. However the final vocal take of “Anyway You Want Me (Is How I Will Be)” is really quite spectacular, Dylan delivering one of his most convincing vocals in years.
~Clinton Heylin (Bob Dylan: A Life in Stolen Moments Day by Day: 1941-1995)
A real gem this one…
Sony Music Studios
New York City, New York
30 September 1994
Bob Dylan (guitar & vocal) backed by unidentified musicians.
All audio ar grooveshark embed’s.. they might not work for Ipad’s or iphone. I’ve included a link below that will take you to an HTML5 version of the best song among these 3: “Anyway You Want Me”.
- Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Lloyd Price)
- Money Honey (Jesse Stone)
- Anyway You Want Me (That’s How I Will Be) (Schroeder/Owens)
HTML5 / pad’s/ mobile -> Try this link
Elvis Presley version: recorded July 2, 1956
Related articles @ JV:
- Bob Dylan recording sessions
- Johannasvisions @ Facebook
- Bob Dylan top 200 songs
- Bob Dylan videos @ Johannasvisions.com
- Bob Dylan albums @ Johannasvisions.com
- Bob Dylan concerts @ Johannasvisions.com
- Still On The Road – Olof Björner