Great concert yesterday. Impressive singing by our man on most songs and a stellar band performance, especially on “Ballad of A Thin Man”. Lovely experience.
April 4, 2017
- Bob Dylan – piano, harp
- Tony Garnier – bass
- George Recile – drums
- Stu Kimball – rhythm guitar, maracas
- Charlie Sexton on lead guitar
- Donnie Herron – violin, banjo, pedal steel, lap steel
- Things Have Changed (Bob on piano)
- To Ramona (Bob on piano)
- Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on piano)
- Beyond Here Lies Nothin’
- Why Try To Change Me Now (Bob center stage)
- Early Roman Kings (Bob on piano)
- Melancholy Mood (Bob center stage)
- Duquesne Whistle (Bob on piano)
- Love Sick (Bob center stage) >
- Tangled Up In Blue (Bob center stage then piano)
- Pay In Blood (Bob on piano)
- Spirit On The Water (Bob on piano)
- Scarlet Town (Bob center stage)
- All Or Nothing At All (Bob center stage)
- Desolation Row (Bob on piano)
- Soon After Midnight (Bob on piano)
- That Old Black Magic (Bob center stage)
- Long And Wasted Years (Bob center stage)
- Autumn Leaves (Bob center stage)(encore)
- Blowin’ In The Wind (Bob on piano)
- Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob on piano)
- Alldylan @ Facebook
- Bob Dylan live 2000 – 2009 (videos & audio)
- Bob Dylan live 2010 – 2014 (videos & audio)
- Bob Dylan Never Ending Tour 2015 – Videos & Audio
- Karl Erik’s expectingrain.com
- Olof’s “Still On The Road“
3 thoughts on “Bob Dylan @ Spektrum, Oslo – April 4, 2017 (videos)”
After a few times listening to “Triplicate” I have to say I like the songs and the way he is singing it. He has nothing to prove any more, but is still looking for new expressions and possibilities.
Ballad of a Thin Man, what a treat for sure! Charlie ripping it. Pay in Blood interesting arrangement too. And Tangled up in Blue revived, touching as of yore… and what is that line about the book of poetry, do I hear him singing ‘that he did not write’? Though I am a bit tired of him recording those standards, it surely brings out the music man in him also in his own songs.
The Oslo concert seems to have been very good and wonderful!! Looking forward to Copenhagen tomorrow.
Comments are closed.