..Dylan, who is interviewed backstage at Wembley by Martha Quinn for MTV. The interview lasts over half an hour. Dylan is extremely talkative, discussing such matters as his early days at the Cafe Wha, the recording of Infidels, and his attitude toward videos. MTV broadcasts very little of the interview. At the end of the interview, Dylan tells Quinn that she asked some really good questions.
~Clinton Heylin (Bob Dylan: A Life in Stolen Moments Day by Day 1941-1995)
Martha Quinn: Will this tour help you reach a new generation?
Bob Dylan: I don’t reach anybody. They find me. They find me. It’s not for me to go out and reach somebody. If they can find me, they find me, and if they don’t, they don’t. That’s the way it’s always been. I don’t think it’s gonna change now just because I’m such an old man and it’s nineteen-eighty… what is it?
7 July 1984
Martha Quinn interview for MTV,
Wembley Stadium backstage, London, England
Part 1 – pre interview…
- April 28: Bob Dylan Klas Burling Interview, Stockholm, Sweden,1966
- November 19: The classic Bob Dylan “60 Minutes” interview with Ed Bradley – 2004 (video)
- Bob Dylan: Nat Hentoff (The unpublished Playboy) Interview, Autum 1965 (audio)
- July 23: Bob Dylan “The Rome 2001 Interview” (audio)
- Karl Erik’s expectingrain.com
- Olof’s “Still On The Road“