|Live 2001 (30min)
April 21: Iggy Pop was born in 1947
I’m a little bit damaged in about 15 different ways, and it’s been nice that no particular damaged area has become a major issue. I’m a more than moderately healthy 65-year-old male who has gotten away with a lot of stuff.
Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day Inducts the Stooges into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
Iggy And The Stooges – Search And Destroy (Live in Sydney 2013):
|Birth name||James Newell Osterberg, Jr.|
|Born||April 21, 1947
Muskegon, Michigan, U.S.
|Genres||Punk rock, protopunk, garage rock,post-punk, hard rock, shock rock,glam rock|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, musician, producer, actor|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keyboards, drums|
|Labels||Virgin, RCA, Elektra, A&M|
|Associated acts||The Stooges, The Trolls, The Nymphs, The Iguanas, Slash, David Bowie, Deborah Harry, Blondie, Tom Waits, Henry Rollins|
Iggy Pop (born James Newell Osterberg, Jr.; April 21, 1947) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and actor. Iggy’s music has encompassed a number of styles over the years, including pop, hard rock, jazz and blues. Pop became known as ‘Iggy’ in high school, when he served as drummer for a local blues band, The Iguanas. He is vocalist of influential protopunk band The Stooges (Pop and the other surviving members of the group reunited in 2003), having become known, since the late 1960s, for his outrageous and unpredictable stage antics.
Though his popularity has fluctuated through the years, many of Pop’s songs have become well-known, including “Lust for Life”, “The Passenger”, “Real Wild Child”, “Candy” (a duet with Kate Pierson of The B-52’s), “China Girl”, “Nightclubbing”, “Search and Destroy”, “1969” and “I Wanna Be Your Dog”.
In 2010, The Stooges were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The Stooges – live at Lowlands Festival, Holland in 2006 (71min)
- Top 10 The Stooges songs (Ultimate Classic Rock)
- Top 10 Iggy Pop songs (Ultimate Classic Rock)
Album of the day:
Other April 21:
- Nina Simone (born Eunice Kathleen Waymon; February 21, 1933 – April 21, 2003) was an American singer, songwriter, pianist, arranger, and civil rights activist widely associated with jazz music. Simone aspired to become a classical pianist while working in a broad range of styles including classical, jazz, blues, folk, R&B, gospel, and pop.
- Alexandra Elene Maclean “Sandy” Denny (6 January 1947 – 21 April 1978) was an English singer and songwriter, perhaps best known as the lead singer for the folk rock band Fairport Convention. She has been described by Allmusic’s Richie Unterberger as “the pre-eminent British folk rock singer”.
- The Bright Mississippi is an album by New Orleans Jazz and R&B pianist Allen Toussaint released on Nonesuch Records in 2009. It was produced by Joe Henry and features various guest artists, including Brad Mehldau, Joshua Redman and Nicholas Payton.
Released April 21, 2009 Recorded March 19–22, 2008 Genre Blues, folk, jazz Length 1:01:27 Label Nonesuch Producer Joe Henry
- Bob Dylan recorded “Tell Me” in 1983.
- Studio A
New York City, New York
21 April 198310th Infidels recording session. Produced by Mark Knopfler and Bob Dylan.
8.Tell MeBob Dylan (vocal, harmonica, keyboards & guitar), Mark Knopfler (guitar), Mick Taylor (guitar), Alan Clark (keyboards), Robbie Shakespeare (bass), Sly Dunbar (drums).
-Egil & Hallgeir