Setlist locking up ?
Another lovely concert in Oslo.
Blowin’ in the wind:
October 2, 2015
- Bob Dylan (vocal, grand piano & keyboard)
- Stu Kimball (guitar)
- Charlie Sexton (guitar)
- Donnie Herron (violin, mandolin, steel guitar)
- Tony Garnier (bass)
- George Recile (drums & percussion)
Setlist, our thoughts:
Just need to get something off my chest:
- I don’t like traditional reviews (album reviews, concert reviews, book reviews, etc..)
- I hate chaos, love structure
(Dylan: “Chaos is a friend of mine. It’s like I accept him, does he accept me?” (to Nora Ephron & Susan Edmiston – summer 1965). Chaos is my enemy (~Egil) )
- My comments are my feelings when experiencing the performance translated into words (not brilliant at all, but heartfelt)
- I do connect my current feelings to older feelings (memories) sometimes 🙂
- I love statistics & facts.. that’s just my brain
- I LOVE Bob Dylan
ok.. let’s roll….
|1||Things Have Changed|| 4/6 – Good start, as always.. can’t go wrong here.
Band on fire.. Vocal ok.
|2||She Belongs To Me||3/6 – A bit down, vocal so so, band not shining.
|3||Beyond Here Lies Nothin’|| 5/6 – Band AND Dylan really into it. Good stuff.
|4||The Night We Called It A Day|| 5/6 – Shadows stuff.. Dylan lights up & delivers a Great vocal performance.
|5||Duquesne Whistle|| 2/6 – downer. Dylan looks bored. Band Very good.
Maybe 3/6, but… no. Dylan didn’t give enough….
|6||Why Try To Change Me||5/6 – Shadows material energizing our man. Brilliant band, good vocal.||5|
|7||Pay In Blood|| 6/6 – GREAT PIB. Stage on fire. Lot’s of piss being pumped out.. yeah!
|8||I’m A Fool To Want You|| 6/6 – a bit of slow start, but picking up pace and landing perfectly.
|9||Tangled Up In Blue|| 2/6 – Damn. Dylan NOT delivering at all.
Bad version, band picking up on Dylan’s sloppiness..
|10||High Water (For Charley Patton)||3/6 – ok HW. That’s all.. Warm up song I guess…||4|
|11||Where are you?||5/6 – Crooning again.. Heartfelt vocal, lovely band.||4|
|12||Early Roman Kings||4/6 – Solid ERK.. strong band.||5|
|13||Full Moon And Empty Arms||6/6 – Wonderful version. Brilliant, band & vocal just .. lovely.||4|
|14||Spirit On The Water||4/6 – Too much bright lights on stage.. wtf? good band & good vocal.||3|
|15||Scarlet Town||6/6 – Fantastic version again.||6|
|16||All Or Nothing At All||3/6 – ok.||4|
|17||Long And Wasted Years||3/6 – Disappointing LAWY. Dylan lacking vocal power.||4|
|18||Autumn Leaves||6/6 – AL rules! Another perfect version.. band & vocal.. just brilliant.||6|
|19||Blowin’ In The Wind||3/6 – We all love BITW, but this was a rather boring version imo.||5|
|20||Love Sick|| 6/6 – Killer finish! This arrangement, and a dedicated Dylan .. dynamite.
- Alldylan @ Facebook
- Expecting Rain – one of the best Dylan sites on the web
- Bob Dylan live 2010 – 2014 (videos & audio)
- Bob Dylan Never Ending Tour 2015 – Videos & Audio
-Egil & Hallgeir