1999 was a great year for Bob Dylan’s “Never Ending Tour”.
A lot of concerts from this tour is in circulation (both video & audio) and this concert is a great example from that last leg. Highlights include: One Too Many Mornings, This Wheel’s On Fire, Not Dark Yet & Not Fade Away.
University Of Illinois
27 October 1999
- Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
- Charlie Sexton (guitar)
- Larry Campbell (guitar, mandolin, pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar)
- Tony Garnier (bass)
- David Kemper (drums & percussion)
- I Am The Man, Thomas (Ralph Stanley/Larry Sparks)
- The Times They Are A-Changin’
- It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)
- One Too Many Mornings
- Tangled Up In Blue
- All Along The Watchtower
- This Wheel’s On Fire (Bob Dylan/Rick Danko)
- Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
- Not Dark Yet
- Highway 61 Revisited
- Love Sick
- Like A Rolling Stone
- It Ain’t Me, Babe
- Not Fade Away (Norman Petty/Charles Hardin)
5 thoughts on “October 27: Bob Dylan University Of Illinois Champaign, Illinois 1999 (full concert video)”
Egil is correct, this sin’t the UIC Stage.
This was Oct 31st not Oct 27th. Halloween night in Chicago. I was 16. This show had a huge amount of dead heads who showed up to see Phil and Bob.
I had an amazing time on the floor.
Bob Dylan was a passionate performer in 1999. Kinda sadly, he has lost the edge he had in 1999-2001 and is now less passionate and more hokey in his performances.
Long live 1999.!
Thanks for your comment.
* Assembly Hall, University Of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, 27 October 1999
* University Of Illinois Conference Center Pavilion, Chicago, Illinois, 31 October 1999
I’ve checked the setlists and this video has to be from Champaign…
How is one supposed to download this concert?
I’ve only embedded a youtube video.
There are tools you can use to capture youtube videos to you’re local machine, but I don’t have/use any.
Try google it.
Comments are closed.