Bob Dylan played Carnegie Hall, NYC on October 26 in 1963.
The concert was professionally recorded & Columbia was planning a release in
December 1963.. rather late 64 or early 65 (check out comment from Peter Stone Brown), but they did not put it out.
- 6 songs were released in 2005 on the EP “Live at Carnegie Hall 1963”
- “Talkin’ John Birch Paranoid Blues” and “Who Killed Davey Moore?” were originally released on The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3 (Rare & Unreleased) 1961-1991
- “A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall” and “When the Ship Comes In” were released on The Bootleg Series Vol. 7: No Direction Home: The Soundtrack.
Continue reading October 26: Bob Dylan – Carnegie Hall NYC 1963
Dwight David Yoakam (born October 23, 1956) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and actor, known for his pioneering style of country music. First becoming popular in the mid-1980s, Yoakam has recorded more than twenty albums and compilations, charted more than thirty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, and sold more than 25 million records. He has recorded five Billboard #1 albums, twelve gold albums, and nine platinum albums, including the triple-platinum This Time.
Continue reading Bob Dylan Sings Dwight Yoakam – Happy Birthday Dwight Yoakam
23 October 1998
- Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
- Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar)
- Larry Campbell (guitar)
- Tony Garnier (bass)
- David Kemper (drums & percussion)
Continue reading October 23: Bob Dylan My Back Pages, Minneapolis, MN 1998 (video)
Thomas Earl Petty (October 20, 1950 – October 2, 2017) was an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor. He was the lead singer of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, formed in 1976. He previously led the band Mudcrutch. He was also a member of the late 1980s supergroup the Traveling Wilburys.
Continue reading October 20: Tom Petty Birthday – Bob Dylan & Tom Petty Singing Together & Covering Each Other