Mary Allin Travers (November 9, 1936 – September 16, 2009) was an American singer-songwriter and member of the folk music group Peter, Paul and Mary, along with Peter Yarrow and Paul Stookey. Peter, Paul and Mary was one of the most successful folk music groups of the 1960s. Unlike most folk musicians of the early 1960s who were a part of the burgeoning music scene in New York City’s Greenwich Village, Travers grew up there. A contralto, Travers released five solo albums in addition to her work with Peter, Paul and Mary.
Washington, District Of Columbia
20 January 1986
Martin Luther King Day
- The Bells Of Freedom (Stevie Wonder)
- I Shall Be Released
- Blowin’ In The Wind
- Happy Birthday (Stevie Wonder)
2, 3 released in the UK on DVD Bob Dylan Live Transmissions: Part One, RMS 2661, March 2008.
- Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
- 2 Stevie Wonder’s band Wonderlove
- 3 Stevie Wonder (shared vocal), Mary Travers (shared vocal), Noel Paul Stookey (shared vocal & guitar), Peter Yarrow (shared vocal & guitar)