In pouring rain, Dylan plays the open air Hughes Stadium at Colorado State University in Fort Collins. He has elected to film this show to replace the aborted TV special from Clearwater. In the longest set of the tour, there are several highlights, not all appearing in the TV special. … Included in the TV special, although in a most peculiar order, are second encore “A Hard Rain’s a-Gonna Fall,” the entire Dylan/Baez set (“Blowin’ in the Wind,” “Railroad Boy,” “Deportees,” and “I Pity the Poor Immigrant”); three songs from the first set (“Maggie’s Farm,” “One Too Many Mornings,” and “Mozambique”); and three from the last set (two tremendously powerful readings of songs from Blood on the Tracks, “Idiot Wind” and “Shelter from the Storm” and a faded “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”). Despite the storm clouds raging, the crowd appears to be very enthusiastic, even singing “Happy Birthday” for Dylan before the second encore.
~Clinton Heylin (Bob Dylan: A Life in Stolen Moments Day by Day 1941-1995)
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, Colorado
23 May 1976
- Bob Dylan (guitar & vocal)
- Scarlet Rivera (violin)
- T-bone J. Henry Burnett (guitar & piano)
- Steven Soles (guitar)
- Mick Ronson (guitar)
- Bobby Neuwirth (guitar & vocal)
- Roger McGuinn (guitar & vocal)
- David Mansfield (steel guitar, mandolin, violin & dobro)
- Rob Stoner (bass)
- Howie Wyeth (drums)
- Gary Burke (percussion)
- Joan Baez (shared vocal on 2-5)
- A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall
- Blowin’ In The Wind (Duet with Joan Baez)
- Railroad Boy (Duet with Jaon Baez)
- Deportees (Plane Wreck At Los Gatos) (Duet wit Joan Baez)
- I Pity The Poor Immigrant (Duet with Joan Baez)
- Shelter From The Storm
- Maggie’s Farm
- One Too Many Mornings
- Idiot Wind
- Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (Edited)
- Alldylan @ Facebook
- Bob Dylan: Live 1961- 1969 (video & audio)
- Bob Dylan: 5 essential videos from the 60’s
- Bob Dylan live 1970 – 1979 (videos & audio)
- Bob Dylan: 7 essential videos from the 70’s
- Bob Dylan: Live 1980 – 1989 (Video & audio)
- Bob Dylan: 8 essential videos from the 80’s
- Karl Erik’s expectingrain.com
- Olof’s “Still On The Road“
8 thoughts on “Bob Dylan: Hard Rain US TV Broadcast Version – Full Video (May 23rd, 1976)”
Not available on any of the links way out here in Minneapolis!
Not just Minneapolis it is blocked in the UK as well.
I get “video not available” too. I was so looking forward to it.
UK seems to be blocked for some reason.
You could try this chrome extension (people on Facebook have reported this to be working)
Why does it say the video is not available?
It’s working fine on my computers/phones/pad’s..
Could it be that it’s not available in some countries ?
Don’t know. i wish I could see it. I remember watching this when it first came on in 1976. Dylan was on cover of the TV guide and interviewed. I have wanted to see it again ever since. when I clicked on it just says this video is not available.
What about using this link?
Comments are closed.