Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 April 1978
- Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
- Billy Cross (lead guitar)
- Alan Pasqua (keyboards)
- Steven Soles (rhythm guitar, backup vocals)
- David Mansfield (violin & mandolin)
- Steve Douglas (horns)
- Rob Stoner (bass)
- Bobbye Hall (percussion)
- Ian Wallace (drums)
- Helena Springs, Jo Ann Harris, Debbie Dye (background vocals)
- A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall
- Love Her With A Feeling (Tampa Red)
- Mr. Tambourine Man
- I Threw It All Away
- Shelter From The Storm
Thank you, this is the story of my life.
- Love Minus Zero/No Limit
- Girl From The North Country
- Ballad Of A Thin Man
- Maggie’s Farm
- I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
- Like A Rolling Stone
- I Shall Be Released
- Going, Going, Gone
- One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later)
- You’re A Big Girl Now
- One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below)
Thank you. That was Bobbye Hall on the conga drums. Don’t know who that beautiful young lady was but I hope she comes back.
- Blowin’ In The Wind
- I Want You
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
- Just Like A Woman
- Oh, Sister (Bob Dylan–Jacques Levy/Bob Dylan)
- To Ramona
- All Along The Watchtower
This is from the Mojave Desert and it’s called All Along The Watchtower.
- The Man In Me
- All I Really Want To Do
- It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)
Thank you. Playing in the orchestra tonight we have, from Reno Nevada, on tenor saxophone Mr. Steve Douglas. We had a problem coming over here tonight on the keyboards, from the Bahamas, Alan Pasqua. All right, conga drums Bobbye Hall from Detroit. From Kingston Jamaica one of the founders of punk rock, on the drums Ian Wallace. My eyes are betraying me tonight. On the violin and the mandolin, he just learned how to play three weeks ago. We’re very proud of him David Mansfield. All right. What you been smoking ? Wouldn’t mind some of that. On the rhythm guitar from San Antone, Texas, one of the founders of what they call outlaw music. A great friend of Willie Nelson, very proud to have him in this band. Mr. Steven Soles. On the bass guitar from New York City, Rob Stoner. On the background vocals tonight. On my right we have the love of my life Miss Debbie Dye. In the middle my cousin my favorite cousin, first cousin Jo Ann Harris. And on the left, girl that makes me cry every night, has a great great future, and a great behind Miss Helena Springs. Lead guitar tonight from Albuquerque, New Mexico Billy Cross. I think that’s everybody. It’s been a pleasure to be in this country I must say that and we’re gonna be sorry to leave. This is called It’s Alright Ma, I’m Only Bleeding.
- Forever Young
Thank you very much. We appreciate it. Much different this time to the last time I was here. We’re gonna play this song and fly, catch a boat.
- The Times They Are A-Changin’
Thank you. It’s been a pleasure being here. I hope we touched a few of you. I know you touched us.
- Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
- I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight
- Bob Dylan: Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan – 23 February 1978
- Bob Dylan: Universal Amphitheater, Los Angeles, California – 7 June 1978
- Bob Dylan: Universal Amphitheater, LA, California – 3 June 1978
- Bob Dylan: Universal Amphitheater, Los Angeles, California – 1 June 1978 (audio & video)
- Bob Dylan: Blackbushe Aerodrome, Camberley, England 15 July 1978 (audio)
- Olof’s – Still On The Road
One thought on “April 1: Bob Dylan Sydney, Australia – 1978 (audio)”
Funny reggae version of Knockin on Heaven’s door
Comments are closed.