Los Angeles, California
7 June 1978
- Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
- Billy Cross (lead guitar)
- Alan Pasqua (keyboards)
- Steven Soles (rhythm guitar, backup vocals)
- David Mansfield (violin & mandolin)
- Steve Douglas (horns)
- Jerry Scheff (bass)
- Bobbye Hall (percussion)
- Ian Wallace (drums)
- Helena Springs, Jo Ann Harris, Carolyn Dennis (background vocals)
- A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall
- Love Her With A Feeling (Tampa Red)
Thank you!! This is a new song off the new album. We recorded just a few weeks ago. Should be out about Christmas
- Baby Stop Crying
- Mr. Tambourine Man
- Shelter From The Storm
- Love Minus Zero/No Limit
- Tangled Up In Blue
- Ballad Of A Thin Man
- Maggie’s Farm
Thank you. I think the message in that last song, sung was very clear. Just like this one if you like. This is a song that needs no explanation.
- I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
- Like A Rolling Stone
Thank you, OK, thank you. Here’s a song I wrote, recorded in Woodstock, with The Band
- I Shall Be Released
Thank you, we’re gonna do this next song and take a break, get some fresh coffee. I recorded this tune with The Band a few years back.
- Going, Going, Gone
- Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35
- One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later)
- You’re A Big Girl Now
Thank you! All right. this is the theme song from Renaldo and Clara.
- One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below)
- Blowin’ In The Wind
- I Want You
Thank you. Thank you very much. You’re looking good. This is another song from the forthcoming album. Like I said this one should be out by Christmas. This is called Tales Of Yankee Power.
- Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
- Masters Of War
- Just Like A Woman
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
- Simple Twist Of Fate
- Oh, Sister (Bob Dylan–Jacques Levy/Bob Dylan)
- All Along The Watchtower
- All I Really Want To Do
Thank you so much. I’d like to say hello to Joni Mitchell tonight, who’s in the crowd somewhere. Maybe you can find her with that spotlight? And Tom Petty is here. He’s a new rising star. Rock n Roll! I’d like to say hello to him too. And I think Racquel Welch is still here! Stand up Racquel! I think a whole lot of this band and I wanna introduce them to you now. My favorite band is a band I saw play with Bobby Blue Band, 1968 I recall in New York. And this band comes as close to that band as I can find. So, on the drums, Ian Wallace. From Barbados, on the keyboards, Alan Pasqua. On the bass guitar, Jerry Scheff. On the rhythm guitar, the loner of the group, Mr. Steve Soles. On the violin and the mandolin, steel guitar, the baby of the group, very young, David Mansfield, on the tenor saxophone, Mr. Steve Douglas. On the conga drums Bobbye Hall. So, the female vocalists, background vocalists. Girls that make me cry every night, all night! Carolyn Dennis, Jo Ann Harris and Helena Springs! On the lead guitar, Billy Cross. This is called It’s Alright Ma, I’m Only Bleeding.
- It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)
Thank you. Well, like Jerry Garcia would say. We’re gonna beat it on down the line. Well, we hope you had a good time. We think these songs do mean some thing to you. So, have a real safe trip home. We’re gonna be out of the country for awhile, though we’ll be back from far distant lands, so I hope we see each other again sometime.
- Forever Young
Here’s an old song. I wrote this in New York.
- The Times They Are A-Changin’
- Bob Dylan: Universal Amphitheater, LA, California – 3 June 1978
- Bob Dylan: Universal Amphitheater, Los Angeles, California – 1 June 1978 (audio & video)