13 July 2001
- Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
- Charlie Sexton (guitar)
- Larry Campbell (guitar, mandolin, pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar)
- Tony Garnier (bass)
- David Kemper (drums & percussion)
Continue reading July 13: Watch Bob Dylan @ Stirling Castle, Scotland 2001 – Great Concert
A classic interview.
Hotel de la Ville
23 July 2001
Press conference with reporters from Austria, Britain, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Holland, Italy, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.
Continue reading July 23: Bob Dylan “The Rome 2001 Interview” (audio)
- Dylan has played “Not Dark Yet” 152 times live
- First time was @ Columbus Civic Center, Columbus, Georgia – 30 October 1997
- Last performance: Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, Connecticut – 8 September 2012
- Peak year: 1999 with 57 renditions
Continue reading Bob Dylan: 5 Great Live Versions of “Not Dark Yet” (Videos)
A great concert from 2001.
- Fantastic version of “Desolation Row”
- Concert # 1325 of The Never-Ending Tour
- Concert # 12 of the 2001 Europe Summer Tour
- 2001 concert #48
Check out boblinks.com for different reviews of the show.
Continue reading July 12: Watch Bob Dylan @ King’s Dock Liverpool, England 2001
May 11: Bob Dylan’s best songs: “Lonesome Day Blues” recorded in 2001
I overwrite. If I know I am going in to record a song, I write more than I need. In the past that’s been a problem because I failed to use discretion at times. I have to guard against that. On this album, “Lonesome Day Blues” was twice as long at one point.
~Bob Dylan (Robert Hilburn – Sept 2001)
@ #152 on my list of Dylan’s 200 best songs.. comes this hard, tough & tight electric blues.
The master version (Love and Theft version) was recorded @ Sony Music Studios – New York City – May 11, 2001 (according to Clinton Heylin – Still on the Road: The Songs of Bob Dylan, 1974-2006).
Few session details are available.
…Dylan growls like a bear cat that hasn’t eaten since the Eighties
~Rob Sheffield (Rollingstone.com)
Continue reading May 11: Bob Dylan recorded “Lonesome Day Blues” in 2001