Best concerts of 2014:
1. Robert Plant Bergenfest Norway
Robert Plant and The Sensational Space Shifters were, well, sensational at Bergenfest 2014.
I saw around 60 concerts this year (I may get 2-3 more before the end of the year) and here are my list of the 25 best concerts 2014. Already looking forward to great shows in 2015.
2. Bob Dylan in Kristiansand, Norway 12 July 2014
3. Jonathan Wilson Bergen August
Those were the top three, here are the 22 next on the list:
4. Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Bergen
5. John Fullbright, Bergenfest, Bergen
7. North Mississippi Allstars, Bergenfest, Bergen
8. Ida Jenshus, An Acoustic evening, Oslo
9. Govt Mule, Skånevik
11. Dave & Phil Alvin, Oslo
12. Stein Torleif Bjella, Haugesund
14. Doug Seegers, Bergenfest, Bergen
15. Television, Bergenfest, Bergen
16. Ian Hunter, Haugesund
17. Lindi Ortega, Bergenfest, Bergen
18. Stein Torleif Bjella, Randaberg
19. Bob Dylan, Stavernfestivalen, Stavern
22. Graham Parker & The Rumour, Bergenfest, Bergen
23. MF Doom, Oslo
24. Cat Power, Oslo
25. Paal Flaata, Veavågen
2 thoughts on “The best concerts of 2014: Hallgeir”
I saw Bob Dylan 3 times this year (Kosice, Slovakia; Prague, Czech Republic; and NYC.) and I have to say that his performance at the Beacon Theater on November 29th was exemplary. The band was tight and the music beautiful and original and he was poised and delivered a premium performance. The first time I saw him was January 15th, 1974. NYC, 2014 was my 43rd concert. I do not understand people who go to his concerts now a-days and report their disappointment because “he doesn’t play his old songs in the same way.” What??? You want an artist to do the same same thing over and over for 50 years? My goal is to see him 50 times.
Thanks for the comment, Lacey! I agree with you
Comments are closed.